Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Madeline's Book

Here is one of those concrete ideas that I promised you in my earlier post. I received the following e-mail from Carrie a few days ago and just love it!


I am making Madeline a book ( in my head I see it crafty almost like a scrapbook) of mom-isms that we all had and continue to have with a short story. So, like one lady wrote to me and said her grandmother (I said any woman in your life that has been influential) told her that if she swallowed her gum her stomach would stick together. Then she tells a short story of how she believed it surprisingly until she was 18!!! and then some aren't as funny but more serious. I thought if I start collecting now I will have a ton by the time Madeline can read and appreciate them.

Also I am collecting "Girly Stuff" for Madeline and am sorting them into age appropriate boxes that I plan to send to her (even hand deliver a few too) to her each year. So like a lady sent a video on how to do "up do's" for a school dance that I put in a high school pile. Another lady wrote a cute note about wearing shorts under dresses so when you hang upside down on the monkey bars at school people don't laugh cause they can see your panties. Basically Rachel I want to just collect stuff that we all learned and heard from our moms, aunties, grandmas - whoever about growing up a girl and pass them on to Madeline.

XO,Carrie
Yaggie77@aol.com

This is one of those awesome projects that I love and it's awesome that Carrie has already got a collection started. Please feel free to contribute to either/both of her projects and feel free to contact either of us with questions.

I was also contacted by another person who would like to make a book about Liz which includes memories of her from family and friends as well as the new community that now supports Matt and Madeline. The details for this are still in the works however so I will have to keep you updated on that front.

Thanks to those of you who have volunteered to help, I will be sure to let you know what things arise!!!

Once again I am blown away by this community of strangers and I feel honored to be a part of it! Blessings to all of you,
Rachel

No comments: